Wednesday 25 September 2013

Leaf prints

Went to a workshop this morning where Fiona showed us all the pieces she'd stitched using crewel wools over the summer. One of them had a background of leaf sun prints which I liked so I rushed home to try it. Fiona said that you needed sunshine to make these prints using leaves and silk paints. After a morning of fog the sun had come out hazily lazily. Worth a try. I left the leaves on for an hour. The piece on the right was neat silk paint which gives rich dark tones. The piece on the left I wetted the fabric first and diluted the silk paints - it gives more contrasty effect. The sun kept going behind clouds which made me think - do you need the sun at all for this process? Will try indoors later but first off for a walk and draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment